Baltimore Main Streets(BMS) administers local revitalization programming to enhance services for neighborhoods and their business districts by using the National Main Street Center's patented Main Street Approach® while addressing the issues of clean, green, and safe.
The Main Street Approach focuses on the following areas.
- Economic Viability
Baltimore is one of the four largest urban Main Streets program in the U.S. with nine fully-designated communities:
(Please click each Main Street for specific information)
BMS' neighborhood-based organizations provide a range of support to local businesses and their stakeholders which includes:
- Priority access to select private and public façade improvement grant and loan programs.
- Business and Organizational Development
- Assistance with designated façade renovations
- Streetscape Improvements
- Marketing/ Promotions
- Assistance with accessing related public services
- Targeted referral services